Report Abuse Now
The Intake Unit (800-932-0313) is available 24 hours a day to receive reports of suspected child abuse.
- Professionals who come into contact with children are required to report when they have reasonable cause to suspect that a child under the care, supervision, guidance or training of that person or of their agency, institution or organization is an abused child.
- In addition, any person may report suspected abuse, even if the individual wishes to remain anonymous.
- Each call is answered by a trained intake specialist who will interview the caller to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Actions include forwarding a report to a county agency for investigation as child abuse or general protective services, forwarding a report directly to law enforcement officials or refer the caller to local social services (such as counseling, financial aid and legal services).
- If you have any concerns or questions about how your call was handled, please contact one of our Intake Managers or the Director at 717-783-1964.
- Project Child is a program of Valley Youth House.